IBM Jobs: Windows Systems Administrator (Wroclaw)
Are you Microsoft Windows professional and have work experience in IT area?
Do you want to develop new skills, work with large scale, enterprise solutions and newest technologies managing servers of world-known companies?
- In our company you will cooperate with IT specialists from Poland and other countries, improve your IT knowledge, language and communication skills.
- You will work in a place filled with a good atmosphere, in a beautiful city full of attractions and cheerful people.
- You will have a possibility to work from the IBM office and remotely from home.
Come and work with us. Apply now for this position!
Currently IBM is looking for a Windows System Administrator to join a team of experts in Windows area. Member of the team will be responsible for the implementation, support and maintenance of the Windows Server environments, as a member of a 2nd or 3rd level team.
- Performing manual and automated provisioning of IT infrastructure
- Troubleshooting of complex problems related to Windows and vSphere platforms
- Monitoring and tuning of supported systems in order to achieve optimal performance
- Overseeing maintenance activities such as patching and security hardening
- Preparing upgrade strategies for customer environments and participate in execution
- Identifying and implementing solutions based on client needs
- Supporting short term projects based on client requests
- Performing 24×7 on-call support based on customer request
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior IT Specialists
- Cooperating with the teams around the globe
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Good spoken and written English is a must
- Minimum 2 years of experience in MS Windows Server 2008/2012 administration confirmed at least by MCP certificate
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and DFS solutions
- Good understanding of NAS/SAN in conjunction with high availability solutions
- Good PowerShell scripting skills and focus on automation
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP stack as well as topics related to routing, network teaming and VLANs (CCNA will be a plus)
- Work experience with server hardware (IBM, Lenovo, HP, DELL)
- Experience with monitoring solutions for complex physical and virtual environments
- Basic understanding of servers virtualization technologies including VMware vSphere and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- High cooperation skills and team oriented behavior
- Work with top-class specialists located around the world
- Access to the newest IT technologies and IBM knowledge base.
- Several education programs
- Various possibilities to growth (IT Specialist & IT Architect certification programs)
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Various discounts for IBM employees
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
- Summer camps for children